Thursday 06.20.2019June 19, 2019
Friday 06.21.2019June 20, 2019
We are excited to welcome Conor Lynch, CrossFit Coach, Power Athlete Coach and Pelvic Guru Female Athlete facilitator to the gym for a week of guest coaching followed by a 2 hour Plyometrics Workshop on June 6th at 1 pm
What’s in it for the athlete:
Test your vertical.
Learn jumping and landing techniques.
Develop upper body plyometric exercises.
- Position is key for creating and absorbing maximal forces.
- Strength is the foundation for explosiveness.
- Need to be strong enough to absorb force, stop force and create new force.
- How you do it matters most.
- All of it helps, but what specifically is it helping? Meaning, is what you are doing plyometric in nature or intent?
- Vertical Jump
- Broad Jump
Medicine Ball Activities:
- Seated over/unders
- Seated trunk rotations
- Standing front toss
- Hammer squats
- Supine pull overs
- Supine power toss
- Walking/Marching in place
- Quick feet/Quick hands in place
- Cocky walk sequence
- Tall ‘n drop to stick it landing
- Max reps of back squat at 60% body weight in 5 seconds.
- Average broad jump. (Possibly single leg take off to two foot landing. )
- Max height vertical jump
- Max height depth jump that matches vertical
- Start off a 6” box and build by 2-3” per attempt.
Cool Down Activities:
- “Relax To Win” – head to toe guided relaxation sequence.