For those of you who are new to CrossFit or have been around CrossFit for a while but are new to CrossFIt Gantry, we are starting the 2018 CrossFit Games Open season. What does that mean. Every year, for 5 weeks, CrossFitGames.com release one workout a week to total 5 workouts. We do those workouts as a gym every Saturday morning with the final workout scheduled for a Friday Night Event capped off by a social afterwards.
What does this mean for you?
- Register for the CrossFit Games Open. This is not mandatory for the gym, but if you want to log your scores and have them validated on the CrossFit Games website you must register. It is only $20 and your scores and rankings will be archived FOREVER.
- We will do the workouts as part of our regular programming on Saturdays. Here is the schedule:
- 18.1 Saturday Feb 24
- 18.2 Saturday March 3
- 18.3 Saturday March 10
- 18.4 Saturday March 17
- 18.5 Friday Night Lights March 23
- Sign up for a heat time. Whether you have registered on the CrossFit Games site or not, EVERYONE can do the Open workouts with us. You must however Sign up for a heat time. We will post heat times and total number of slots per heat on Thursdays after the live workout announcement. Heats will be listed in the Zen Planner dashboard and on our weekly class calendar through the Zen Planner App.
- We will need additional judges for the Saturday morning workouts. It is only $10 and is a great way to familiarize yourself with the movement standards and performance. Register for the Judges Course here.
- Buy all your gear. Do you need new knee sleeves, wrist wraps, gymnastics hand grips, tape, long socks, CrossFit shoes…? Rogue Fitness has everything you will need and free shipping on 3 or more items.
- Make sure you join our Members Facebook Group so you can see all workout announcements and relevant information each week.